Coats for Seniors
Help ensure that every older Mainer has a warm winter coat this winter!
Volunteers will be collecting gently worn, clean adult winter coats at locations around the community and at the LL Bean Flagship store in Freeport during the kick-off weekend of Bean’s Northern Lights Celebration. For every coat donated, LL Bean will contribute $5 to the Maine Association of Area Agencies on Aging to help seniors.
Primary collection will occur Fri., Nov. 16th – Sun., Nov. 18th LLBean Flagship Store, Main St., Freeport.
Other collection opportunities:
Only on November 14th from 8-2, we’ll be collecting coats at the Aging Advocacy Summit at the Augusta Civic Center.
Other coats drop-off locations are:
- People Plus, at 35 Union St. in Brunswick
Highlands, 30 Governor's Way, Topsham
House, 22 Union Park, Topsham
- Golden Oldies
Senior Ctr., 314 Front Street, Richmond
- Bath Housing
Authority, 80 Congress Avenue, Bath
- Adult Protective Services, 32 Blossom Lane, in the Marquardt Building on the AMHI complex, Augusta
- Spectrum Generations, 12 Main Street, Topsham
- Spectrum Generations, 521 Main Street, Damariscotta
- Thornton Oaks, 25 Thornton Way, Brunswick
Portland Nursing Home, 42 Anthoine St., So. Portland,
Contact: Cindy N. Scott
- Bath Senior Center, Floral ST.
Bath, Contact: Dick Higgins
- Sweetser Brunswick:
Old Bath Rd. Brunswick, Contact: B.Willard@sweetser.org
- Washington House,
Washington ST. Bath, Contact: RSC@Dirigomgmt.com
- SeniorsPlus’ 8 Falcon Road, Lewiston, (207) 513-3707 Contact: Christiane Cornish
- Barron Center, 1145 Brighton Avenue, Portland
Coats for Seniors is a project of Merrymeeting Bay Triad and the Maine Area Agencies on Aging with the generous support of LLBean and many community partners.
If you are a senior in need of a winter coat, please contact your local Area Agency on Aging for details and assistance-1-877-353-3771.
Please share this information via this flyer!